Mental Health Inspirational Message - Seeking Real Stories
PROJECT: Mental Health Inspirational Message
MEMBERSHIP: Applicants must be temple-worthy members of the Church
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: 5PM Friday, June 24th
The Publishing Services Department is producing an inspirational message about anxiety and depression. We are searching for real stories from one of the following two perspectives:
- Those who are experiencing depression and/or anxiety
- Family members or loved ones of someone experiencing depression and/or anxiety.
The focus of the video is help people recognize the signs of depression and anxiety and offer suggestions on how to help someone who is experiencing it.
The video may include
- B-roll (shots from a day in the life of those being interviewed)
- Re-enactments by the interviewees and/or actors
We are hoping to include 4-5 stories.
- anyone who has experienced or is experiencing depression and/or anxiety
- anyone who has been able to help a loved one who has experienced or is experiencing depression and/or anxiety
Applications: due by the end of the day June 24th.
Shoot: TBD late June or early July.
Selected participants will be compensated for time and travel.
- Consider how best to give a 1-2 minute explanation of your situation involving depression and/or anxiety.
- Record a video of you telling us about your experience. You could include:
- How you first recognized that you are experiencing depression/anxiety.
- How you recognized that in a loved one.
- What kind of help you’ve received.
- What kind of help you offered to your loved one.
- What the current situation is or any resolutions or solutions you have found.
- A smart phone camera works great for making the video.
- Film horizontally from your chest up.
- Make sure you are well-lit and that the sound is good and free from distracting ambient noise.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- The security setting should be “Unlisted.” If it is “Private,” we will not be able to view it.
- Save the link to your video.
- Apply by clicking this link: https://airtable.com/shrzwpksAXXJzmc6x
- There is a place to include the link to your video.
- You will also upload current photos.