Light the World 2022 Social Media Campaign
PROJECT: Light the World 2022 Social Media Campaign
MEMBERSHIP: Applicants must be temple-worthy members of the Church
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: 5PM Tuesday, August 9th
We are looking for two members of the Church to be featured in this year’s Light the World campaign. They would be showcased in two separate videos recounting a time when someone reached out and showed them Christ-like service. We’ll be making one video in Spanish and one in English.
The theme for this year is asking people to reflect on how others have shared their light with them and then asking them to go and do the same. We’re looking for stories big and small. Anything from showing up with a meal after a tough day to just saving a seat. This post on the Church’s Instagram is a good example of the kind of stories we are looking for: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeoQZ66uucw/
We’re looking for a specific impactful story rather than a generalization of how service or Light the World has influenced their life.
We would capture their story via an interview and turn it into a 60-second video to be featured on our Social and Light the World website.
- Female or Male; age 18 and up; all ethnicities welcome
- One will be a native Spanish speaker and one will speak English
Applications: due by the end of the day August 9th.
Shoot: TBD in the next several weeks.
This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Consider how best to give a 30-60 second explanation of your experience of when someone showed you Christlike love.
- Record a video of you telling us about your experience. Please include:
- Your name
- 30-60 seconds telling your experience
- A smart phone camera works great for making the video.
- Film horizontally from your chest up.
- Make sure you are well-lit and that the sound is good and free from distracting ambient noise.
- Upload your video to a file sharing site (YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, etc).
- The security setting should be “Unlisted.” If it is “Private,” we will not be able to view it. Do not password protect.
- Save the link to your video.
- Apply by clicking this link: https://airtable.com/shr363aOh6IEdlOOB
- There is a place to include the link to your video.
- You will also upload current photos.